Tuttobene's Pizzeria.....Eh.

Trying out the new Pizza joint.    Geez, what a disappoint this place was.  My father and I were keen on trying this place,  my father is a kinda monkey see monkey do kinda guy.  He always wants to do what I do and try what I try.  So for an afternoon lunch we set out to try this place.   

Called and placed and order for a sicilian pie, then waited a bit and headed out to pick it up.  When I go there they totally forgot that they still had the pie in the oven getting burnt up.  They try covering it up by giving me the excuse that on the oven kinda heats unevenly and so one side might be a bit more well done.   This was carbon.   I knew it was bullshit cause when I reminded him about the pie he gave that look that was  “oh shit! the pie!”  After pulling it from the oven he sprinkled it with some parmesan and added some fresh basil to it.   Maybe to mask the chimney soot burt side of it.

Got it home, we dug in.   At best the taste was eh.  The pie was smaller than what you get from other pizza joints.   You get 9 pieces from everywhere else this had 8.  It was smaller and not just cut differently.  The burnt side was well…..burnt.  That don’t help you in a taste test.  Ingredients were typical canned stuff.   Really nothing special about it.  Actually for me,  if I wanted pizza and they were the only place open still,  I’ll go get me some Taco Hell instead.

Stay away.

2011-06-30_13-30-54_403  2011-06-30_13-53-00_4232011-06-30_13-57-26_586

I give it 1 Fat Gut

icon-newfatbelly

Tuttobobene’s Pizzeria

230 Calyer St  Brooklyn, NY 11222

Comments

Popular Posts