Teddy’s makes the very best.

About a couple weeks back I went to have an early dinner with a couple of friends of mine.   They don’t know my area of Greenpoint/Williamsburg, so it was up to me to help them make a quick decision on a place to eat.  Well, we settled for some good ol’ American comfort food with a twist and quite eclectic.

Teddy’s is a real old time bar.  One of the oldest in Brooklyn.  A quote from New York Magazine says: “This 120 year-old bar exudes the kind of “authentic” character chains like Bennigan’s try to emulate, beautiful stained glass windows included.”   The menu is just great and offer daily specials. And they offer an all you-can-eat Friday fish fry.

Ok, back up a couple of weeks.   What I had was a Grilled steak soft taco with guacamole and grilled pineapple pico de gallo.  Let me tell you, this was the 3rd best taco I’ve had in my life.  I’m saying it’s on par with the other best tacos,  it’s just the 3rd time I’ve had it.  Teddy’s made it on 2 of those occasions.  The grilled pico de gallo was so refreshing and adding the bit of sweetness to the spice.  The steak was done perfectly as well.  The whole thing is quite juicy and tends to make the soft shell a bit too moist and break apart.  But that’s what forks are for.  Use it!  The combination of flavors was amazing.  I did add a dash or 3 or 5 of some Chalulah hot sauce cause I do like a bit of the spice.     It was like a flavor explosion in your mouth.

2011-04-10_18-26-50_568

  Mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm goooooooooooooood!

 

On a side note.  A friend that I took there a long while ago was really surprised when she saw a Portobello Cubano Sandwich.  She was really happy about it being a veghead an all.   Yes, I said VEGHEAD,  deal.

Try the curly fries, they are great too!

I give this 5 out of 5 Fat Guy Stomachs.   Yeah!  That damn good!

TEDDY’S    96 Berry Street   Brooklyn, NY 11211      718.384.9787

for Menu: http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/teddys-bar-grill/menu

Comments

  1. Nothing says spring like the slight tang of something containing lime and a touch of cilantro. Soft taco good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts