Baby Bo’s Cantina

It’s been about 2yrs since I’ve been here.  This is 1 of my absolute favorite Mexi joints to eat at.  I’ve been eating there since about 2004/2005,  an old friend of mine took me there once and since then I was hooked. 

First off the chips and salsa. friggin awesome.  Chips always fresh and warm and crisp and the salsa, chunky fresh, told that it’s made on premises.  It’s got a very strong bite to them.  And not that watery shit that most other places serve.  And they keep on coming back to give you more and more and more.  If your not careful, will ruin your appetite for the main course.

                    2011-04-27_18-20-26_732

         The salsa with ZING!

Next the entrée. 

I had the Venice Burrito* large flour tortilla filled with rice, refried beans, cheese, crema and guacamole. comes with your choice of beef, chicken, chile, pork, or garlic spinach. served with mixed greens.    This is a standard for me.  I chose beef.  Was in the mood.   A delicious tip is to cut that burrito open and scoop nice helpings of the salsa into it.  Mmm mmm good.  Just a damn good burrito. 

    2011-04-27_18-03-56_496

My friend had the: BBQ Duck Burrito* roasted duck in our tequila-habanero bar be que sauce, black beans, crema and monterey jack, wrapped in two tomato tortillas. served with red rice, black beans and grilled pineapple pico. 

    2011-04-27_18-04-18_822

I’m adding comment to it cause she let me taste some of it.  Duck is not big with me, but for sure next time I go there I will have a go at this burrito on my own.  It was a bit spicy for her but quite perfect for me.  Nice smokey sauce.

If you’re a veghead, there are veggies options for you as well.  My friend that introduced this place to me is a veghead, so there ya go.

You might think I’m really playing favorites but I’m not.   It was all round a perfect meal.

           I’m giving it 5 out of 5 Fat Guy Stomachs.

                  icon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbelly

 

Baby Bo's Cantina   627 2nd Ave, New York 10016

(Btwn 34th & 35th St)   (212) 779-2656

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/baby-bos-cantina/menu

Comments

Popular Posts