Dumpling Man! Dumpling Man! I want my Dumpling Man!

 

Does that sound weird to be shouting out like that?    Watevs!  Smile with tongue out

This is my first post about some actual food.  Let’s get started, shall we?

                2011-04-21_15-02-24_887

The day started off doing a favor for my friend Erika, I helped her take some stuff to donate and to sell off a couple cases of books.  Props go out to East Village Books for being really good to her.   (St. Marks between 1st and A)  if you live in NYC you know how to get there.   After,  we just hopped across the street to the DUMPLING MAN!  Oh man was this a treat.  We each had the special.  Includes 6 dumplings and a can of soda or water.  The price was about $3.50 for the special.  You can have them steamed or seared.  She had the shrimp and I had the pork.  We also got a side of seasoned edamame, we kinda had them as an appetizer.

The dumplings of course were really really awesome, E and I swapped a couple so we had a bit more variety.  Each of us had a can of coke.   Now, I’m not great at describing flavors, so I’ll just go on saying that they were pretty f*cking great.  Looked like dumplings, smelled like dumplings, tasted like dumplings, but way better than that cheap ass Asian joint that’s down the block from you.  All dumplings are made on premesis and in front of you if you’re sitting at the counter facing the dumpling makers.

2011-04-21_15-56-13_378Let’s call him Bob.   Hi Bob!  Smile

This is Bob (for sake of the article) protected from customer’s cooties by a long glass window.   He was working with a new piece of dough.   Bob was cutting it half and then molding those pieces to later make the individual dumplings later.  Thanks Bob!  It was really cool to watch Bob and his cohorts create these yummy pieces and add small cuts to the dough.  What a nice work of art. 

Let’s see what I had for lunch shall we?

                     2011-04-21_15-41-55_203mmmm mmmm good!

These are the pork dumplings, I just requested them without saying how I wanted them, steamed or seared.  E and I mixed our 2 dishes up so I’m thinking we had some seared and steamed, WINNING!  There are 5 in this photo cause I was a fat bastard and ate 1 before I snapped the photo.    I was really really hungy Sad smile.  Don’t judge.  Can’t tell you what the green stuff was they garnished it with but it was yummy too, with and with out the hot chili sauce I added to the dish.  Little bit of soy sauce for a dip on the side was there as well.

Overall I give these a 4.5 out of 5 fat guy stomachs.  I intend on having a go at them again later during the summer and try out 1 or 2 of their special sauces. For more info:

Dumpling Man 100 st marks place, nyc • 212-505-2121

http://www.dumplingman.com/menu.html

 

A bit later today I’ll cover some of the dessert we had after @ Panya Bakery.

TTYL!

G

Comments

Popular Posts