Homemade like yo momma dun did it

Quiche and Meatball subs. Weird combo, but didn't make them two go together.
My sister got on a mini quiche kick the other week. Dunno why exactly, but glad she did. I know this isn't 1 of my typical reviews, but I did mention when I started this blog, that I'll be covering all sorts of stuff.


I'll admit, my sister does some damn good cookin. She's very creative with her dishes lots of times and also stays true to other dishes. This quiche is 1 of them. She made a couple over the last few days and then made 1 for me so that I can freeze and just heat up when looking for a snack. Broccoli and Cheese.

and

I wedged them up, wrapped them up, ziplocked em and tossed them into the freezer.  I’ll have to ask her if there was anything special in the way she made them and pass the recipe onto you.

 

Then I decided to make a small meatball sub.  These were done on different days, but I’m just showcasing them to you all.  Just taunting you with dish pics of food. 

The meatballs were a combo of beef, pork and veal.  Don’t start shit with me about veal.  I know it’s not necessary and I stopped eating it,  but to make a few dishes properly, ya gotta use it.

Afterwards I gutted an Italian loaf so that the meatballs would sit in them properly, sauced them up, added both mozzarella and some fresh grated grana padano.  Chuck it into the oven under the broiler for a bout 6min and you got yourself a nice sub.

Before

After

 

I’m gonna have to stop eating like this.

I give both of these dishes,  4 fat guts.  Cause I know we can do better.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

Popular Posts