Fontana Famous Pizza & Gyro

This is the same review that I wrote for Yelp,  but I don’t have to hold back as much here, hence my pic.

I'm not bashing this place, just giving it an honest review.  The quality has diminished since I was here last a few years ago, greatly.  I had a gyro platter.  Portions are smaller, meat is quite bland, fries are typical diner style and a bit blah. And they used to serve a tzadziki sauce on the side, what I got was a side of plain yogurt with no type of seasoning to go with my already bland gyro meat.  Double bland combo dish. Awesome!  Honestly, I think a plate of dog poop would probably have more flavor than this stuff did.

                               yes, that’s poop on a plate.poop on a plate

Almost forgot, it comes with a Greek egg lemon soup that had chicken in it, or what I thought was chicken.  During a spoonful, I choked on a bit of chicken that was pretty dry.  How does that happen in soup?  Almost had my friend do the hiney-lick maneuver on me.  Cause that would freak me the fuck out and make me spit up anything.  The staff is pretty cold and uncaring as well.  Just a bunch of drones working there.


In the past I would have given it like 3 or 4 fat guts, but this time around the quality just stunk.   So you’re getting only 1 now. 

So you know, I'm in a pretty great mood today and was really looking forward to this meal with a couple of friends.  What I got was sub-par quality.  Next time I go, I will try the pizza.

You get 1 fat gut.                  fat guy gut

Fontana Famous Pizza & Gyro                                                              
20002 Northern Blvd
Bayside, NY 11361

Comments

Popular Posts