Atlantic Chipshop

That time of year again where my sister and I get treated to a post and pre bday dinner.  Kinda became customary to celebrate our bday’s together in between our bday’s.  Did you get all that?

This time around we hit up the Atlantic Chipshop.  A British pub/restaurant, that makes all that awesome deep fried smack your momma good stuff. 

I had the shrimp+scallops+chips.  This was eh.  I should have gone with my first choice which was battered cod & chips.  The chips (fries) are great but the shrimp was ok at best and I don’t think those were real scallops.  I’ve had the cod before and it was good.  Stick with what ya know.

IMG_1964

My sister had the shepherds pie, all served with PEAS it says on the menu. It was beef and it was goood. 

IMG_1965

We also tried the haggis on the side.  If you don’t know what it’s in it, prepare.  I took this from the wiki page.  Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.             

This wasn’t exactly like that but made similar.  It did have the heart, liver and lungs.  Now, I didn’t hate it, but didn’t love it either.  I did keep getting some more of it though.  It’s like one of those things like, hmmm…it’s kinda gross but you gotta have some more of it kinda thing but, without the gross part.  Tasted quite a bit liver-y. 

IMG_1966

Then onto dessert.  They do those deep fry candy things.  Deep fried twinkies, twix, bananas and all sorts of stuff.  My sister had the deep friend snickers for herself and we all shared a twice fried ferry pie.

IMG_1968IMG_1967

I can’t tell you about the snickers cause I think snickers is gross, but the cherry pie was real nice.  How can you just not love it?  It’s twice fried, it’s cherry pie, and there is powdered sugar on the plate, what’s not to love?!?!  Sweeter than all get out, and I think you all know what cherry pie tastes like.

 

So there you have it.  It’s a Brit shop that sells all sorts of yummies and in a cool part of Brooklyn called Cobble Hill.  Lots to see around there.

There are 3 locations.  I really recommend trying it out.  Go for a late lunch or early dinner to miss the crowds.  Some great pubs in the area as well like FLOYD next door.  Oooh, check out the soup they were serving that day.

IMG_1972

hahahaha. 

So I’m giving this place 4 fat guts.  Today might have been a little bit of a let down but the other times I’ve been there make up for it.

fat guy gutfat guy gutfat guy gutfat guy gut

CHIPSHOP Here is a link for ya.

http://www.chipshopnyc.com/

Check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts