Taco Tuesdays!!! AAAARRRRIIIIBAAAA!

When I had a normal full time job I used to like making Wednesdays, PIZZA WEDNESDAYS!  But now I just eat pizza whenever I want.  I do like to eat it on a Friday usually, tastes better.  Don’t ask why, it just does. I do like to be a creature of some habits, so I’m creating taco Tuesdays.  Whatever the taco, I don’t care.  Be it home made or purchased, as long as it’s a taco.  Simple yummy food.

One of these past Tuesdays I decided to hit up one of these new joints that popped up in my hood called El Toro Taqueria.  2.5 blocks from my house makes it so convenient to call in an order and walk out the door to pick it up, love it. 

For the first time I pigged out a little and ordered a few different things to try out.  I tried it all, but finished it in 2 meals.  I’m not that much of a pig. 

I started with Carne Asada Quesadilla.  Comes with all the usual fanfare of cheese, pico de gallo, onion and a side of sour cream.  This was pretty good.  The pico de gallo has a bit of a kick to it and the meat has a bit of tanginess to it.

.

Up next were a few tacos.  Sorry the pic doesn’t really look anything like the tacos,  the food shifted in the tins and kinda blended.  Either way it all blended in my stomach for processing.  I had the Taco Combo, 3 tacos. I chose 2 Carnitas braised pork and a Chicken Mole. I ordered it like that so I could try the rice and beans. They were descent tacos to say the least, not bad on pricing and filling. I’m not going to go in great depth over a taco. It was satisfying.

The rice and beans were nice. 

 

Listen, these tacos didn’t  knock my socks off or anything but for the price and flavor is worth ordering from there.   The place inside isn’t much to look at.  Pretty descent size but so few tables, and seems like the people that work there like to have their dork friends hang out that like to stare a lot.  Made me feel a little uncomfy, but whatever.  I just want to place my order over the phone, get my shoes and jacket on, walk over and pick it up and get home in 5min from there.

I say go try it.  So with that, I’ll give it 3 fat guts.

 

El Toro Taqueria   $ Mexican   (718) 349-8300

254 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn 11222

(Btwn Eckford St & Graham Ave)

Comments

Popular Posts