Fritz’s Railroad Restaurant

Hey! I’m in the center of the country, it’s a big rectangle state, and it’s flat.  Can you guess where I am?  Forget it,  it’s Kansas.   My friend Tom picked me up from the airport and right away went over to Fritz’s for some lunch.  What’s cool about this place is that you place your order over the phone that’s at your table and your food is delivered from an overhead train.   It really is something cool and unique. The food is really good too.

Tom got to ordering as soon as we sat down,  he was like “You’re just gonna eat what I order.”  Well O.K. then.

Fritz's

For us he ordered the Gen Dare – Twin.  It’s a burger with 2 patties hash browns, grilled onions, cheese, ketchup, mustard and pickles on a seeded bun.  That combo made for a really tasty burger. Just look at this thing.

 

Fritz's

That burger was really damn good, the hash brown were a great touch.  It’s kinda the same as dropping a bunch of fries on your burger, and who of us hasn’t done that at some point or another.  And believe me it wasn’t like some typical greasy spoon diner burger.

Tom also ordered some onion rings and some mushrooms with a side of some ranch dressing.  Both were tasty.

 Fritz'sFritz'sFritz's

And what better to way to get this all down was with a large cherry coke which isn’t a common beverage, at least in places that I go to, and another gratuitous pic of Tom.

Fritz's

And now for the pièce de résistance, the video we’re all waiting for.  The delivery of our meals from this overhead train system.  I’ll admit, this was a super fun and cool way of getting my grub delivered.

 

So I’m giving this place 4 Fat Guts

icon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbelly

I’ll have a few more reviews coming from my trip to Kansas and Missouri.  Been eating some of the best damn BBQ ever.  Not to mention that in Kansas City is arguably the birth place of Jazz.  So come to the big rectangle state in the middle of our country, it’s got a ton of history.

Fritz’s Railroad Restaurant

250 N. 18th St.

Kansas City, KS

913-281-2777

Comments

Popular Posts