Calexico... ARRRRRIBA!

First timer of the Calexico.  I was hoping to eat in, but there was quite a wait for a table and it was a bit noisy for me.  But these are good signs.

I placed an order with the take out counter gave my name and was told it will take 10min.  I set a timer and waited in front of the place.  But about 7min later the nice woman who took my order brought it out to me.  How nice of her. 

I ordered 2 tacos
Pollo Asado marinated grilled chicken, avocado salsa, pico de gallo
and
Pollo Verde chicken in tomatillo sauce, pickled jalapenos, cotija cheese

Always good to start with the basics.   Both were very yummy prior to me adding a bit of the Cholula sauce.  I have my own at home, even though they provide small packets of them. 
The Verde had a very nice spice to it, nothing to set your face on fire, but a very nice bite to it.  The Pollo Asado was very savory, and not bad for $3 a pop.  I will be trying this place again, and the location is very convenient for me, about a 7min walk. 

I would like to go in and sit down with a few people but inside was a bit noisy for my tastes, I would like to see what it's like sitting out in the garden area.  I'll review again after having tried something else from the menu.

Sorry, no pics this time.  Pics came out horrible and then I just ate everything.

so far worth it.

I give it 4 Fat Guts

icon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbellyicon-newfatbelly

645 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11222

(347) 763-2129 ‎ · calexicocart.com

Comments

Popular Posts