Pizzaria Diavolo the Devil’s Pizza BUWAHAHA!

Mom and I went to visit and crash by my aunt’s place in Troszn.  While there we took a bus to a town called Ostrowlenka.  Asked around for a good place to eat and was suggested a place called AVALON.  Nice inside and out but we figured the service might be really slow and we had a time constraint.  We ditched the place and headed across the street for our first taste of pizza in Poland at a place called PIZZARIA DIAVOLO.

                               IMG_0356

Small little place, 2nd floor of a huge building that was all shops in the town center.  We took a seat outside and chillaxed a minute. We each ordered a pizza.  Mom the small and me the large.  (like I’d get a small HA!)   I ordered the Vesuvio which comes with cheese, ham and asked for mushrooms as well.  They didn’t have that combo on the menu.  These are the fresh white mushrooms, nummies!  Mom had the Wegetariana (vegetarian).  Cheese, mushrooms, fresh paprika (peppers) and olives.  Sauce (sos over here) is an option and they said we could do ketchup as well.  I don’t think it’s the typical kind of ketchup but a kinda of pizza sauce they used for dipping breadstick at places like Dominos and stuff.  They give you a small side of it on the table.  I used it to put on the crust when I got to it.  Was pretty ok, passable.

Now the pizza.  It was baked into a nice blonde crust (me likey blonde crust). The mushrooms are the fresh kind and as it bakes in the over a lot of their juices start flowing out.  The shrooms were really good.  As you lifted a slice there was a small bit of shroom juice (MY TERM NOW!) but it really didn’t make the pizza soggy.  When you folded the slice  it held up quite nicely and the end didn’t droop over.  The ham was very nice as well, didn’t taste like the typical ham they place, then again it’s Poland and ham is awesome here.  The sauce was a bit typical, didn’t stand out in anyway but still quite nice.  Had a tiny bit of zing to it, but was not that pizza dipping sauce they put on the side.  The mozz was nice as well, not salty like other mozz cheeses I’ve had and had the stretch to it when you took a bit.

                               IMG_0358

We each had a coke to drink.  No seasonings were placed on top. Ate the pizza as is.

Ostrolenka is a small enough town/city that if you wanted to find this place, you could.  Just find a huge building with tons of shops in it.  It’s in the Centrum. (town center) so no address given.

Sometimes I wish I could do some half scales so I will round up.

                      I give this place 3 Fat GUY STOMACHS.    

                                               

Pizzaria Diavolo    Ostrolenka, Poland

Comments

Popular Posts